Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Paris

Today I went out to a farm near Paris. Paris, TX that is. It's another farmer who raises 100% grass-fed, pastured beef. They also raise other pastured livestock. The name is Slanker's Grass-Fed Meats, you can find it on the web if you are interested.

Ted Slanker is a wealth of knowledge and he shares a lot of that knowledge on his website, www.texasgrassfedbeef.com. Of course, I didn't get to meet him, he was out tending to his animals, but I did get to meet his wife who was working in the office taking orders. They may have me come back out one of these days to cook for them, perhaps the week leading up to Thanksgiving since that's a busy week. How fun would that be!?!

Anyway, my freezer is well stocked again. Oooh. They had beef knuckle bones and marrow bones available. Of course I got some of each. Tomorrow, I roast the knuckle bones and make beef stock!

No comments: