Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Philadelphia

It's been too longs since I last updated this blog! I drove from Fargo to Brainerd and then on to Minneapolis on August 19th. It was pretty much as oppressive an area as it looked on the movie. The Paul Bunyan statue from the movie was made for the movie...the Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox statue that really is in Brainerd is smaller than I thought, and is surrounded by a fence. Darnit! I really wanted to use it as a photo opp for Planty, but it didn't work out.

I drove on to Milwaukee on the 20th and stayed there until the 28th for the KCM conference. The conference was really good. I'm uplifted by the Word that was preached at the conference. I volunteered to help in the tape duplication area, so spent several hours during the week with that. It was good to have the opportunity to give of my time.

On the 28th I left Milwaukee and drove to Bowling Green, OH, where I visited a friend I had not seen in 10 years. That is way too much time to let go by between visits! On the afternoon of the 29th, I drove down to Pickerington to visit more friends. I got there just in time for dinner. :-) What a treat to have a home cooked meal after being on the road for two plus weeks! I ate and ran and stayed in Wheeler, West Virginia, last night. Now, I'm in a suburb of Philadelphia. Getting settled in for the night. Tomorrow morning I will be headed to NJ, where Planty lives, and then on to Vermont! :-)

This has been such a great experience! I've lost track of what day of the week it is, which I think means I'm well rested!

No comments: